From BroadbandCensus.com Weekly Report
SAN MATEO, Calif., May 11, 2009 – The debate around the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act placed a strong focus on “shovel ready” projects, including the $7.2 billion in stimulus funds for broadband projects.
Since then, the fiscal stimulus package has had growth of another set of “shovel-ready” projects: broadband-focused conferences.
This week, Tech Policy Central opened its third annual Tech Policy Summit on Monday, but not before dipping into the broadband well with a day-long mini-conference on “Broadband Innovation.”
BroadbandCensus.com Weekly Report content available by subscription.
Subscribers may download the BroadbandCensus.com Weekly Report below.
[private_Premium Content][private_Free Trial] broadband-census-weekly-report_5-11-09
- Broadband Roundup: Section 230 Fears, T-Mobile Claims 5G Rollout, Ajit Pai Challenges Twitter
- At Silicon Flatirons, UN Representative Says World Must Stand By Twitter in Battle of Intimidation with Trump
- Partisan Disagreement Delays Broadband Funding That Might Come Through HEROES Act
- Gary Bolton: Under the Stress of COVID-19, the Networks That Held Fast Were Symmetrical Fiber Broadband
- Broadband is Vital to the Future of Sports, Says Owner of Washington Capitals and Wizards
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Congress6 days ago
Senators Introduce Healthcare Broadband Bill as House Companion, Proposes $2 Billion Telehealth Expansion
China1 month ago
China Expert Predicts that Nation’s Flawed Coronavirus Response Will Damage the Power of Chinese Communist Party
Broadband Data1 month ago
CenturyLink CTO Boasts Success in Handling Coronavirus-Induced ‘Hot’ Networks, Credits Company’s Fiber Push
Big Tech3 weeks ago
The Rise, Reign, and Self-Repair of Zoom
#broadbandlive1 month ago
Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – Will the Coronavirus Lead to a Loss of Privacy? Weighing Contact Tracing and Broadband Surveillance
Net Neutrality1 month ago
Public Interest Groups Blast FCC For Refusal to Extend Public Safety Deadline on Net Neutrality Comments
Fiber4 days ago
Fiber Networks Hold a Cybersecurity Advantage Over Rival Co-Axial and Wireless Technologies, Say Panelists
Rural4 weeks ago
Why the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund is So Significant, and How to Succeed in Applying For RDOF