WASHINGTON, May 18, 2009 - Broadband policy is becoming central to a host of debates concurrently occurring: it’s about national infrastructure, the use of wireless frequencies, digital and social inclusion and connectedness, and even the future of journalism. These threads came together in conferences in Washington and in Silicon Valley.
Among the stories in this edition:
- Will A National Broadband Strategy Solve the Crisis in Journalism?
- States Seek to Engage in Broadband Data and Mapping
BroadbandCensus.com Weekly Report content available by subscription.
Subscribers may download the BroadbandCensus.com Weekly Report below.
[private_Premium Content][private_Free Trial] broadband-census-weekly-report_5-18-09
- FCC Takes Two Actions Promoting Spectrum Sharing, Also Implements 988 as Suicide Hotline
- Telephony Industry Rises to the Challenge of Robocalls, With Legislation, Regulation and Enforcement Close Behind
- Lifeline Remains the Best Method for Connecting All Americans, Says FCC’s Geoffrey Starks
- Connectivity and Mobility Are Key Pillars of Metropolitan Development, Say Congresswomen at Smart City Event
- Lawmakers, Prosecutors and Big Tech Companies Spar at Senate Hearing Over Unlocking Encryption
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
5G3 months ago
Broadband Roundup: CBRS on a Roll, Innovation Fund in Rural California, Another Verizon 5G Announcement
Antitrust2 months ago
Broadband Roundup: Comcast vs. Google, Sprint’s Open 5G Network, Ransomware Rises
Spectrum2 months ago
Wireless Internet Providers Excited About Multiple Spectrum Sharing Opportunities, Including FCC Priority Access
Net Neutrality2 months ago
D.C. Circuit’s Decision in Net Neutrality Case Likely to Open New Fronts of Attack Against FCC
5G2 months ago
Questions of Public vs. Private Auction and Role of 5G Spectrum Dominate Conference on C-Band
Tribal Broadband3 months ago
Wireless Broadband Likely to be a Key Component in Getting Broadband to Tribal Country
National Broadband Plan2 months ago
Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg: Democratic Presidential Candidates With a Broadband Plan
China3 weeks ago
Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei