Verizon Wireless started running a new advertisement this week in the “There’s a Map for That” campaign that has caused competitor AT&T much angst. The ad features Santa Clause’ reindeer prepping for the big night with the one using AT&T's third generation coverage map failing to light up while the reindeer equipped with the Verizon Wireless maps being ready to go.
Verizon’s map commercials have been at the crux of a lawsuit AT&T filed against the company reportedly claiming the ad campaign was false, misleading and damaging the company. Verizon subsequently filed a lawsuit against AT&T. "Verizon and AT&T have dismissed the litigation between them in Georgia and New York,” a spokesman for Verizon Wireless told Broadband Census News on Wednesday.
- In Interview With New York Times Editorial Board, Joe Biden Urges Revoking Section 230
- Senate Commerce Hearing Tackles Barriers to the Short-Staffed 5G Deployment Initiatives
- Todd Foje: Can High-Speed Broadband Finally Bridge the Gap Between Rural and Urban Communities?
- Broadband Roundup: Digital Inclusion Often Falls Short, Rumble Over Roomba Spectrum, Deal Over Education SuperHighway
- Gordon Smith: Can a 5G Fund Connect Rural America at 21st Century Speeds?
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Open Access4 weeks ago
UTOPIA Fiber: A Model Open-Access Network
China2 months ago
Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
Broadband Mapping & Data3 months ago
Broadband Data From Providers Needs to be Checked With Data From Users, Say Panelists at Mapping Event
Open Access3 months ago
UTOPIA Fiber Announces Partnerships with Morgan, Utah, Idaho Falls, and Other Cities
Education3 months ago
State Educational Technology Officials Say Better Broadband Necessary for Pedagogy and Equity
FCC1 month ago
Telephony Industry Rises to the Challenge of Robocalls, With Legislation, Regulation and Enforcement Close Behind
FCC2 months ago
As Next Year’s C-Band Auction Looms, FCC Officials Reflect on Innovation in Spectrum Auctions
House of Representatives3 months ago
C-Band Hearing Showcases Divisions Over Auctions, Uses of Radio Frequencies