WASHINGTON, March 23, 2010 - Since the rise of mobile phones, a debate has raged among regulators whether mobile phones are a substitute or a compliment to land lines.
While many younger Americans today use only their cell phones, most people still maintain both home and mobile phones.
AT&T has just announced its newest “triple play” allowing the substitution of a mobile phone instead of the home phone. Additionally, the landlines can be either voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) or plain old telephone service (POTS). Verizon currently offers a quad play, which has landline, Fios high-speed Internet service, television and mobile.
Verizon and AT&T are the only mobile phone providers also providing television and internet services.
- Telemedicine is Increasingly Important, But Comes With Challenges, Say Route Fifty Panelists
- Open Access Infrastructure Important, But Difficult to Develop, Say Digital Infrastructure Investment Panelists
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 — Champions of Broadband
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 — Champions of Broadband: Tom Hazlett
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on August 12, 2020 — Champions of Broadband: Broadband Breakfast Reporters and Editors
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Artificial Intelligence1 month ago
U.S. State Department Employing Artificial Intelligence Against COVID-19 Misinformation
Broadband Roundup1 month ago
Artificial Intelligence Task Force, State Cybersecurity, ADTRAN Offers Rural Funding Guidance
Infrastructure1 month ago
Michigan Broadband Cooperative Calls Report Saying Municipal Broadband Has an Unfair Advantage ‘Laughable’
5G1 month ago
Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg Describes 5G-to-the-Home Vision, Claiming U.S. Leads in 5G Deployment
Digital Inclusion1 month ago
‘Disconnection Day’ Looms as a Flouted ‘Keep Americans Connected’ Pledge Expires
Open Access4 weeks ago
In Danville, Virginia, an Early Adopter of Open Access Seeks to Prove the Business Model
Innovation1 month ago
Telecommunication Industry Working Group Aims to End Robocalls Through Cryptographic Credentials
Cybersecurity1 month ago
Metrics and Automation Can Improve Federal Cybersecurity Measures