- Image by louisvolant via Flickr
Cisco’s mantra continues to be about networking and collaboration, and that is what it continues to offer consumers and busy executives with an array of products.
Starting with the newly introduced Cisco Cius at the Cisco live conference in Las Vegas, it promises to take business collaboration to the next level with its HD quality video and wireless desk-top integration. From collaborating at the office or from a remote location the Cius makes it possible to keep you in touch with what is important in your business.
Features include Cisco network centric:
- Webex Collaboration Cloud
- Cisco Telepresence
- Real-time collaboration
- Cisco Quad Collaboration
- integrating business apps with social networking tools, with VoIP, instant messaging, video, and calendars
- Forward and Rear facing cameras
- Forward for HD Video 720p
- Rear for 640x480 video and still image captures
- Cloud Apps
It does not matter where you are when collaboration takes place because the Cius brings you front and center with real time business integration.
With consumers in mind, the Cisco Valet is a simple but yet ingenious wireless router for the home priced at $99.00, and makes connecting the whole home Wi-Fi experience a fast and easy task, which historically could be somewhat of nightmare. The Valet soothes consumers into “easily connecting your family’s computer, games and devices to the internet”.
- Get Connected
- Create a wireless hotspot in your home and quickly connect your laptops, desktops, game consoles, and mobile devices to the Internet. Treat your family to an Internet experience that simplifies your life.
- You’re the Boss
- Parental controls allow you to limit your kids' time online, block specific sites and/or certain times of the day. Customize the settings on each computer for a safer Internet experience.
- Set Up in Minutes
- Simply insert Valet's included Easy Setup Key to launch Cisco Connect software, breeze through the simple screens, and you're wireless.
- Instant Guess Access
- Give friends and visitors password access to the Internet but not your private information.
With its announcement on March 19, 2009, Cisco purchases Pure Digital Technologies, Inc, maker of the Flip, while increasing its brand in consumer technologies. Ned Hooper, senior vice president of Cisco's Corporate Development and Consumer Groups communicated that, "The acquisition of Pure Digital is key to Cisco's strategy to expand our momentum in the media-enabled home and to capture the consumer market transition to visual networking." The Flip allowed consumers to instantly capture, edit and share video with family, friends and colleagues then organize, edit and immediately share with YouTube, MySpace and other networking sites.
Fast forward to April 13, 2010, Cisco announces the launch of the All-New Flip SlideHD which can capture events and replay them immediately to friends or family. Consumers will be allowed to shoot four hours of HD video while storing twelve hours on the SlideHD, and it travels with you when needed sharing video with anyone, anywhere.
- Color: White/Silver and Personalized
- Recording Time: Up to four hours
- Storage Time: Up to 12 Hours
- Memory: 16GB
- Screen: 3-inch wide transflective touch screen
- Video Resolution: High Definition; 1280x720 (30fps)
- Video Format: H.264, MP4
- Battery: Internal Li-ion rechargeable
- Battery Life: Up to two hours
- TV Output: HDMI Widescreen
- Zoom: 2x digital
- Audio: Stereo speakers, headset jack
The Flip SlideHD is priced at $279.99 at major retailers, online retailers and at the Flip Store.
Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder
First in a series of the enterprise-class Cisco Prosumer Video solution camcorder products, The Flip MinoPRO enhances business process and improves collaboration by allowing the capture of video content for secure editing and sharing.
- Added dynamic component to messages:
- Record earnings calls, company announcements, and product demos to improve delivery of communications within and outside of organizations.
- Improved information delivery and retention:
- Use video capture to share best practices, sales techniques, and complex processes and designs to increase collaboration.
- Reduced global barriers and travel costs:
- Provide video training instead of spending the time and money to travel.
- Ease of use:
- Spend more time producing relevant content with the easy-to-use Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder.
Cisco continues to raise the bar in both consumer and business collaboration with its video integration and communications processes through the web, making and it both easy and affordable for next generation technology to serve customer needs.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Crave giveaway: Cisco Valet Plus wireless router (news.cnet.com)
- Cisco eyes WiFi Flip camcorder and support for FaceTime (slashgear.com)
- Cisco Launches A Business-Focused iPad: The Cius (blogs.forbes.com)
- Democrats Lash at FCC Chairman Ajit Pai For Repealing Net Neutrality, Not Producing Broadband Maps
- Sens. Ed Markey and Chris Van Hollen Urge Using E-Rate Funds to Close the Homework Gap
- Trump Administration’s Orders to Halt WeChat and TikTok Transactions Promise to Affect Chinese Americans First
- Karl Rove Promotes Open Radio Access Network, FCC Talks 5G, Digital Divide and ‘One Touch Make Ready’
- Breakfast Media Minute: September 18, 2020
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Fiber4 months ago
Fiber Networks Hold a Cybersecurity Advantage Over Rival Co-Axial and Wireless Technologies, Say Panelists
Congress4 months ago
Senators Introduce Healthcare Broadband Bill as House Companion, Proposes $2 Billion Telehealth Expansion
Artificial Intelligence3 months ago
Brookings Panelists Emphasize Importance of Addressing Biases in Artificial Intelligence Technology
China5 months ago
China Expert Predicts that Nation’s Flawed Coronavirus Response Will Damage the Power of Chinese Communist Party
Infrastructure6 months ago
Broadband Breakfast Live Online Will Stream Every Wednesday at 12 Noon ET on ‘Broadband and the Coronavirus’
Education6 months ago
Online Elementary Education is No Spring Break for Parents Teaching from Home
Artificial Intelligence3 months ago
U.S. State Department Employing Artificial Intelligence Against COVID-19 Misinformation
Rural5 months ago
Why the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund is So Significant, and How to Succeed in Applying For RDOF