- Image by louisvolant via Flickr
Cisco’s mantra continues to be about networking and collaboration, and that is what it continues to offer consumers and busy executives with an array of products.
Starting with the newly introduced Cisco Cius at the Cisco live conference in Las Vegas, it promises to take business collaboration to the next level with its HD quality video and wireless desk-top integration. From collaborating at the office or from a remote location the Cius makes it possible to keep you in touch with what is important in your business.
Features include Cisco network centric:
- Webex Collaboration Cloud
- Cisco Telepresence
- Real-time collaboration
- Cisco Quad Collaboration
- integrating business apps with social networking tools, with VoIP, instant messaging, video, and calendars
- Forward and Rear facing cameras
- Forward for HD Video 720p
- Rear for 640x480 video and still image captures
- Cloud Apps
It does not matter where you are when collaboration takes place because the Cius brings you front and center with real time business integration.
With consumers in mind, the Cisco Valet is a simple but yet ingenious wireless router for the home priced at $99.00, and makes connecting the whole home Wi-Fi experience a fast and easy task, which historically could be somewhat of nightmare. The Valet soothes consumers into “easily connecting your family’s computer, games and devices to the internet”.
- Get Connected
- Create a wireless hotspot in your home and quickly connect your laptops, desktops, game consoles, and mobile devices to the Internet. Treat your family to an Internet experience that simplifies your life.
- You’re the Boss
- Parental controls allow you to limit your kids' time online, block specific sites and/or certain times of the day. Customize the settings on each computer for a safer Internet experience.
- Set Up in Minutes
- Simply insert Valet's included Easy Setup Key to launch Cisco Connect software, breeze through the simple screens, and you're wireless.
- Instant Guess Access
- Give friends and visitors password access to the Internet but not your private information.
With its announcement on March 19, 2009, Cisco purchases Pure Digital Technologies, Inc, maker of the Flip, while increasing its brand in consumer technologies. Ned Hooper, senior vice president of Cisco's Corporate Development and Consumer Groups communicated that, "The acquisition of Pure Digital is key to Cisco's strategy to expand our momentum in the media-enabled home and to capture the consumer market transition to visual networking." The Flip allowed consumers to instantly capture, edit and share video with family, friends and colleagues then organize, edit and immediately share with YouTube, MySpace and other networking sites.
Fast forward to April 13, 2010, Cisco announces the launch of the All-New Flip SlideHD which can capture events and replay them immediately to friends or family. Consumers will be allowed to shoot four hours of HD video while storing twelve hours on the SlideHD, and it travels with you when needed sharing video with anyone, anywhere.
- Color: White/Silver and Personalized
- Recording Time: Up to four hours
- Storage Time: Up to 12 Hours
- Memory: 16GB
- Screen: 3-inch wide transflective touch screen
- Video Resolution: High Definition; 1280x720 (30fps)
- Video Format: H.264, MP4
- Battery: Internal Li-ion rechargeable
- Battery Life: Up to two hours
- TV Output: HDMI Widescreen
- Zoom: 2x digital
- Audio: Stereo speakers, headset jack
The Flip SlideHD is priced at $279.99 at major retailers, online retailers and at the Flip Store.
Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder
First in a series of the enterprise-class Cisco Prosumer Video solution camcorder products, The Flip MinoPRO enhances business process and improves collaboration by allowing the capture of video content for secure editing and sharing.
- Added dynamic component to messages:
- Record earnings calls, company announcements, and product demos to improve delivery of communications within and outside of organizations.
- Improved information delivery and retention:
- Use video capture to share best practices, sales techniques, and complex processes and designs to increase collaboration.
- Reduced global barriers and travel costs:
- Provide video training instead of spending the time and money to travel.
- Ease of use:
- Spend more time producing relevant content with the easy-to-use Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder.
Cisco continues to raise the bar in both consumer and business collaboration with its video integration and communications processes through the web, making and it both easy and affordable for next generation technology to serve customer needs.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Crave giveaway: Cisco Valet Plus wireless router (news.cnet.com)
- Cisco eyes WiFi Flip camcorder and support for FaceTime (slashgear.com)
- Cisco Launches A Business-Focused iPad: The Cius (blogs.forbes.com)
- Advocates for Antitrust Enforcement Say Consumer Welfare Standard Only One Layer of Competition Law
- In Law More Than a Year, MOBILE Now Advocates Say Act Requires Further Implementation for 5G Deployment
- Broadband Roundup: Texas Reaches T-Mobile Settlement, Closing the ‘Homework Gap,’ Broadcast Ownership
- UTOPIA Fiber Announces Completion of Latest Round of Funding, a $48 Million Network Expansion
- Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Intellectual Property4 months ago
In Congressional Oversight Hearing, Register of Copyrights Says Office Is Responding to Online Users
Broadband Data6 months ago
California Report: Income Most Significant Factor in Low Broadband Adoption
Privacy and Security3 months ago
Comparing Privacy Policies for Wearable Fitness Trackers: Apple, Fitbit, Xiaomi and Under Armour
Antitrust3 months ago
Addressing the Impact of Big Data Upon Antitrust is More Complicated Than a Big Tech Breakup
Expert Opinion5 months ago
Geoff Mulligan: A ‘Dumb’ Way to Build Smart Cities
Antitrust3 months ago
Broadband Roundup: Everyone (Almost) Gangs Up on Google, Muni Broadband Fact Sheet, SHLB Anchornet Conference
Broadband Roundup4 months ago
Cable Industry Touts Energy Efficiency, Next Century Highlights Open Access Fiber, Aspen Forum Set
Broadband's Impact5 months ago
Law Enforcement and Advocates of Facial Recognition Technologies Battle Misconceptions