WASHINGTON July 27, 2010- Ericsson will work with Radius Infratel to setup the nation’s largest FTTH network. The network will bring service to 600,000 households with speeds of 100Mpbs down.
H S Singh, Managing Director of Radius Infratel Pvt. Ltd., says: "Ericsson's GPON solution has enabled our Neutral Access Network Operation( NANO) concept that facilitates various operators in delivering their bandwidth rich applications like IPTV, multimedia contents etc and accommodates various building management and home automation services. With this path breaking alliance, we are committed to redefine the broadband experience in India."
Gowton Achaibar, head of Region India, Ericsson, says: "This agreement confirms the great potential for GPON / FTTx technology in India. We expect that by 2015 more than two million Indian homes and businesses will be connected to high speed broadband using GPON technology."
- Coronavirus Roundup: FCC Extends Rural Health Care Deadlines, Public Knowledge Tracks Misinformation, AEI on Regulation
- Special Webcast from Broadband Breakfast Partner Gigabit Libraries on Friday, March 27 – What Is a Library if the Building is Closed?
- Restricting Kids’ Online Usage Should Focus on Content Rather Than Screen Time, Say Panelists at Slate Event
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 – The Importance of Universal Broadband in the Age of the Coronavirus
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Monday, March 30, 2020 – Coronavirus Conversation With Millennials from Around the World
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
China1 month ago
Tech Officials Diagnose Excessive Trump Actions as Product of ‘Huawei Derangement Syndrome’
Health3 weeks ago
Battling Coronavirus COVID-19, Broadband Could Provide Relief Although Telemedicine May Not Help
Section 2301 month ago
Attorney General Bill Barr Calls for ‘Recalibrated’ Section 230 as Justice Department Hosts Tech Immunity Workshop
Artificial Intelligence1 month ago
U.S. Progress on AI and Quantum Computing Will Best China, Says CTO Michael Kratsios
Net Neutrality1 month ago
FCC Seeks Comment on Net Neutrality Issues Remanded by Appeals Court: Public Safety, Pole Attachments and Lifeline
Asia1 month ago
Broadband Roundup: Global Internet Censorship, Tribal Divide, Klobuchar on the Broadband Stump
Broadband Mapping & Data1 month ago
Poor Broadband Maps and Lack of a Consolidated Voice Hinder Advocacy for Better Rural Internet
Health2 weeks ago
Broadband Breakfast Live Online Will Stream Daily in March on ‘Broadband and the Coronavirus’