WASHINGTON, July 13, 2010 – President Barack Obama has appointed eight new members to the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is the organization responsible for Voice of America, Radio Free Europe, Radio Free Asia and the International Broadcasting Bureau among others.
The board is composed of nine nonpartisan board members; eight members are appointed by the President, the ninth is the Secretary of State.
The current board includes Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment; Dana Perino, former White House Press Secretary to President George W. Bush; Susan McCue, president of Message Global and former Chief of Staff to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
The full list can be found at www.bbg.gov
- UTOPIA Fiber Announces Completion of Latest Round of Funding, a $48 Million Network Expansion
- Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
- The California Consumer Privacy Act Lets People Know What Information is Collected, But Can’t Stop It
- FCC Chairman Ajit Pai Announces Public Auction of C-Band, Connecticut Peels Back Broadband Barriers
- Commerce Department Extends Huawei Temporary General License For 90 Days
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Intellectual Property4 months ago
In Congressional Oversight Hearing, Register of Copyrights Says Office Is Responding to Online Users
Broadband Data5 months ago
California Report: Income Most Significant Factor in Low Broadband Adoption
Broadband Data6 months ago
Pennsylvania Broadband Speeds Worse Than Previously Believed, According to State Report
Privacy and Security3 months ago
Comparing Privacy Policies for Wearable Fitness Trackers: Apple, Fitbit, Xiaomi and Under Armour
Antitrust2 months ago
Addressing the Impact of Big Data Upon Antitrust is More Complicated Than a Big Tech Breakup
Expert Opinion4 months ago
Geoff Mulligan: A ‘Dumb’ Way to Build Smart Cities
Antitrust2 months ago
Broadband Roundup: Everyone (Almost) Gangs Up on Google, Muni Broadband Fact Sheet, SHLB Anchornet Conference
Broadband Roundup3 months ago
Cable Industry Touts Energy Efficiency, Next Century Highlights Open Access Fiber, Aspen Forum Set