WASHINGTON, May 22, 2013 – In multiple speeches at fundraising events in New York City on May 13, President Barack Obama emphasized the importance of improving and expanding the nation’s broadband networks.
Each speech praised the resilience of the American spirit in the face of the recent tragedies in Boston, Massachusetts, and West, Texas. He encouraged Americans to turn that attitude toward making improvements in the national infrastructure, which is lagging behind other countries in several areas.
“We’ve got to rebuild our infrastructure so we don’t have the worst … broadband lines,” Obama said at one of the fundraisers, held at a private residence in the city.
In addition to boosting America’s international competitiveness, Obama also noted that such infrastructural improvements would help provide more jobs for American workers.
- Panelists Debate Federal Role in Digital Privacy, But Agree Upon Need to Minimize Algorithmic Bias
- FCC ‘Coloring Outside the Lines’ on Broadband Mapping, Say Critics at Next Century Cities Event
- Broadband Advocates at Next Century Cities Emphasize Importance of Building Community Networks
- Advocates for Digital Inclusion Address Different Facets of Bridging the Digital Divide
- New America Highlights the Broadband Prices Available on Ammon, Idaho’s Open Access Network
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Open Access4 weeks ago
UTOPIA Fiber: A Model Open-Access Network
China2 months ago
Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
Broadband Mapping & Data3 months ago
Broadband Data From Providers Needs to be Checked With Data From Users, Say Panelists at Mapping Event
Open Access3 months ago
UTOPIA Fiber Announces Partnerships with Morgan, Utah, Idaho Falls, and Other Cities
FCC1 month ago
Telephony Industry Rises to the Challenge of Robocalls, With Legislation, Regulation and Enforcement Close Behind
FCC Workshops2 weeks ago
Indian Tribes Will Have Six-Month Window of Opportunity to Apply for Former EBS Spectrum at 2.5 GigaHertz
Education3 months ago
State Educational Technology Officials Say Better Broadband Necessary for Pedagogy and Equity
FCC2 months ago
As Next Year’s C-Band Auction Looms, FCC Officials Reflect on Innovation in Spectrum Auctions