The Federal Communications Commission is days away from launching a new website, based on several months of beta testing and public input.
BONUS: Join FCC CIO David Bray for an exclusive webcast on Dec. 16, in which he will describe how a contractor owned and operated model aided the agency in IT management and transition. Register here.
“All of the content that resides on the current FCC.gov has already been migrated to the new, Drupal-based site,” Bray wrote at FCC.gov during the beta test. “We are currently integrating this content into new information architecture, meaning additional and improved ways of accessing and interacting with all the information currently available on FCC.gov.”
The new site is connected to FCC’s document databases with real-time updates available, he added.
The new site will debut on Dec. 10, but it is available for a preview at https://prototype.fcc.gov/.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.federaltimes.com
Exciting new developments in the #opendata and #broadband movements!
- Broadband Roundup: Justice Clarence Thomas Expresses Regret on Brand X, Clearview AI Hacked, Online Privacy Act
- Registration Available for Digital Infrastructure Investment at Broadband Communities Summit on April 27, 2020
- In the Quest to Build a Better Map, Many Non-Profits and Consultants Bring Creativity and Grit to Broadband Data
- America is Either ‘In Very Good Shape’ or Has ‘Big Catch-Up’ in 5G Race with China
- Broadband Roundup: Tesla Cars Ain’t Driverless, Suspicious Bernie Sanders Facebook Posts, ReConnect Awards
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Broadband's Impact1 month ago
Todd Foje: Can High-Speed Broadband Finally Bridge the Gap Between Rural and Urban Communities?
Digital Inclusion2 weeks ago
New Technology of Augmented Reality, Including Eye Control, Enable Greater Access By Disability Community
Broadband Data3 weeks ago
Despite Promising Gains in Connectivity, Report from Broadband Now Highlights the Extent of the Digital Divide
5G1 month ago
Gordon Smith: Can a 5G Fund Connect Rural America at 21st Century Speeds?
FCC Workshops1 month ago
Indian Tribes Will Have Six-Month Window of Opportunity to Apply for Former EBS Spectrum at 2.5 GigaHertz
Expert Opinion2 weeks ago
An Open Letter to Gwynne Shotwell, Elon Musk and Starlink Leadership: Three Reasons to Make Starlink Open Access for America’s Local ISPs
Broadband's Impact4 weeks ago
Rural Healthcare Providers Could Be Surprised by FCC’s Recent Changes to Rural Healthcare Program
Expert Opinion3 weeks ago
Jeff Grappone: State of the Union Address Is No Longer the Political Equivalent of the Super Bowl