Broadband Breakfast Insight: Just as the White House web site changed with the inauguration of President Donald Trump, the abundant web resources and social media content associated with the administration of former President Barack Obama is now available through the National Archives.
National Archives launches Barack Obama Library website including access to archived web and social media content
The Barack Obama Presidential Library is the fourteenth library to become part of the Presidential Libraries system administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The Library will be built in Chicago’s Jackson Park and is expected to open to the public in 2021.
But you don’t have to wait until 2021 to access content related to the Obama administration. With the launch of ObamaLibrary.gov, the National Archives is pleased to provide access to:
- biographical information about the President and First Lady,
- an interactive timeline of key events, illustrated by documents, photos, and video from our holdings,
- multimedia galleries that provide a look inside the Obama presidency, and
- resources for research, and
- the Obama Administration’s WhiteHouse.gov websites and social media content.
In the coming years, additional content will be published on the website to inform and inspire audiences interested in the legacy of the Obama administration.
Presidential Libraries and Museums promote understanding of the presidency and the American experience. We preserve and provide access to historical materials, support research, and create interactive programs and exhibits that educate and inspire. More information about the Presidential Libraries and Museums is available on NARA’s main website, Archives.gov.
- Advocates for Antitrust Enforcement Say Consumer Welfare Standard Only One Layer of Competition Law
- In Law More Than a Year, MOBILE Now Advocates Say Act Requires Further Implementation for 5G Deployment
- Broadband Roundup: Texas Reaches T-Mobile Settlement, Closing the ‘Homework Gap,’ Broadcast Ownership
- UTOPIA Fiber Announces Completion of Latest Round of Funding, a $48 Million Network Expansion
- Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Intellectual Property4 months ago
In Congressional Oversight Hearing, Register of Copyrights Says Office Is Responding to Online Users
Broadband Data6 months ago
California Report: Income Most Significant Factor in Low Broadband Adoption
Privacy and Security3 months ago
Comparing Privacy Policies for Wearable Fitness Trackers: Apple, Fitbit, Xiaomi and Under Armour
Antitrust3 months ago
Addressing the Impact of Big Data Upon Antitrust is More Complicated Than a Big Tech Breakup
Expert Opinion5 months ago
Geoff Mulligan: A ‘Dumb’ Way to Build Smart Cities
Antitrust3 months ago
Broadband Roundup: Everyone (Almost) Gangs Up on Google, Muni Broadband Fact Sheet, SHLB Anchornet Conference
Broadband Roundup4 months ago
Cable Industry Touts Energy Efficiency, Next Century Highlights Open Access Fiber, Aspen Forum Set
Broadband's Impact5 months ago
Law Enforcement and Advocates of Facial Recognition Technologies Battle Misconceptions