WASHINGTON, April 25, 2017 – The Federal Communications Commission announced that FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will speak Wednesday afternoon at the Newseum, at an event hosted by the free-market Freedom Works, to lay out his approach to reversing the agency's "open internet" order under his predecessor, former Chairman Tom Wheeler.
The event will be livestreamed at https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/events/2017/04/chairman-pai-speech-future-internet-regulation, is expected to serve as a rallying cry for both critics and supporters of the net neutrality rules.
Meanwhile, House Energy and Commerce Committee Democrats announced that Democratic FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn will join them at a news respond to Chairman Pai’s perspective. They will stress the importance of preserving the FCC’s net neutrality rules, which require all internet traffic be treated equally.
From the FCC's press release:
WHAT: Speech on Future of Internet Regulation
WHO: FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, with remarks by FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, at 1:30 p.m. ET.
WHERE: Newseum, Capitol Terrace Dining Room, 2nd Floor, 555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. (Enter via Group Entrance)
From the Democrats' press release:
WHAT: News Conference Reacting to Chairman Pai’s Net Neutrality Announcement
- Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr., D-NJ
- FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn
- Communications & Technology Subcommittee Ranking Member Mike Doyle, D-Penn.
- Doris Matsui, D-Calif.
- Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 26, at 3:30 p.m. ET.
WHERE: The House Triangle
- Panelists Debate Federal Role in Digital Privacy, But Agree Upon Need to Minimize Algorithmic Bias
- FCC ‘Coloring Outside the Lines’ on Broadband Mapping, Say Critics at Next Century Cities Event
- Broadband Advocates at Next Century Cities Emphasize Importance of Building Community Networks
- Advocates for Digital Inclusion Address Different Facets of Bridging the Digital Divide
- New America Highlights the Broadband Prices Available on Ammon, Idaho’s Open Access Network
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Open Access4 weeks ago
UTOPIA Fiber: A Model Open-Access Network
China2 months ago
Prakash Sangam: China’s Huawei Clones Are Greater Threat to National Security than Huawei
Broadband Mapping & Data3 months ago
Broadband Data From Providers Needs to be Checked With Data From Users, Say Panelists at Mapping Event
Open Access3 months ago
UTOPIA Fiber Announces Partnerships with Morgan, Utah, Idaho Falls, and Other Cities
FCC1 month ago
Telephony Industry Rises to the Challenge of Robocalls, With Legislation, Regulation and Enforcement Close Behind
Education3 months ago
State Educational Technology Officials Say Better Broadband Necessary for Pedagogy and Equity
FCC Workshops2 weeks ago
Indian Tribes Will Have Six-Month Window of Opportunity to Apply for Former EBS Spectrum at 2.5 GigaHertz
FCC2 months ago
As Next Year’s C-Band Auction Looms, FCC Officials Reflect on Innovation in Spectrum Auctions