ROCKPORT, Maine, September 3, 2018 - The Maine State Chamber of Commerce teams up with the Telecommunications Association of Maine to host a roundtable discussion on how to overcome difficulties in funding rural broadband.
Featured guests include Dana Connors, president of the Maine Chamber of Commerce (discussing the recent report, "Making Maine Work"), Heather Johnson, executive director of the ConnectME Authority (discussing the state broadband action plan), and Shekinah Bailey, of the Agriculture Department (discussing the federal eConnectivity Program).
The event aims to promote an open discussion about broadband for rural Maine.
To register or to purchase tickets, contact Kathy Bosse, 207-563-9911, or email@example.com.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. ET
220 Warrenton St.
Rockport, Maine 04856
- T-Mobile’s Acquisition of Sprint Passes Federal Muster, But 16 States Press On in Opposition
- Comcast Touts 100 Gigabit Service, SHLB Seeks Reconsideration on Telehealth, Senate Clears Emergency Communications
- As Next Year’s C-Band Auction Looms, FCC Officials Reflect on Innovation in Spectrum Auctions
- Problems of Lack of Transparency Pervade Issues of Algorithms in Artificial Intelligence
- New Hampshire Plans a Broadband System, Microsoft on Californian Privacy, and Google Collects Medical Data
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Intellectual Property4 months ago
In Congressional Oversight Hearing, Register of Copyrights Says Office Is Responding to Online Users
Broadband Data5 months ago
California Report: Income Most Significant Factor in Low Broadband Adoption
Broadband Data6 months ago
Pennsylvania Broadband Speeds Worse Than Previously Believed, According to State Report
Privacy and Security2 months ago
Comparing Privacy Policies for Wearable Fitness Trackers: Apple, Fitbit, Xiaomi and Under Armour
Antitrust2 months ago
Addressing the Impact of Big Data Upon Antitrust is More Complicated Than a Big Tech Breakup
Expert Opinion4 months ago
Geoff Mulligan: A ‘Dumb’ Way to Build Smart Cities
Antitrust2 months ago
Broadband Roundup: Everyone (Almost) Gangs Up on Google, Muni Broadband Fact Sheet, SHLB Anchornet Conference
Broadband Roundup3 months ago
Cable Industry Touts Energy Efficiency, Next Century Highlights Open Access Fiber, Aspen Forum Set