BROADBAND BREAKFAST INSIGHT: Google is beginning to enter into hunker-down mode. The company is finally alive to the grave new threats that it faces. They are two-pronged: More-intensive antitrust scrutiny, and regulation of privacy/AI/Section 230 free speech. As Drew Clark wrote about for a CATO Institute policy late last year, "Seeking Intervention Backfired on Silicon Valley." You can almost trace the fall of Google to the day that it joined in pushing for sweeping net neutrality regulation.
Scoop: Google exec reorganizes policy shop as global threats loom, from Axios
Google’s top policy executive is reorganizing the company's worldwide influence operation, according to an internal email obtained by Axios.
Why it matters: The long-rumored shake-up comes as the search giant faces newly hostile regulators around the world.
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online Will Stream Every Wednesday at 12 Noon ET on ‘Broadband and the Coronavirus’
- Coronavirus May Have Changed Everything, But Not the Human Capacity For Good
- Coronavirus Roundup: Digital Divide in Hardware, Next Century Cities on Local Broadband, CCIA Worker Guidelines
- Online Elementary Education is No Spring Break for Parents Teaching from Home
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 – Will the Coronavirus and COVID-19 Finally Bring Us Telehealth?
Signup for Broadband Breakfast
Health20 hours ago
Coronavirus May Have Changed Everything, But Not the Human Capacity For Good
Education20 hours ago
Online Elementary Education is No Spring Break for Parents Teaching from Home
Net Neutrality1 month ago
FCC Seeks Comment on Net Neutrality Issues Remanded by Appeals Court: Public Safety, Pole Attachments and Lifeline
Health1 month ago
Battling Coronavirus COVID-19, Broadband Could Provide Relief Although Telemedicine May Not Help
Health3 weeks ago
Broadband Breakfast Live Online Will Stream Daily in March on ‘Broadband and the Coronavirus’
Broadband Mapping3 weeks ago
Commerce Department’s NTIA Details Its New-Found Progress in Broadband Mapping Technology
Antitrust2 weeks ago
Information Technology and Innovation Foundation Brings Global Antitrust Experts Together in Videoconference
Broadband TV3 weeks ago
Broadband Breakfast Live Online on Monday, March 23, 2020 – Free and Low Cost Internet Plans During Coronavirus