About Broadband Breakfast and Breakfast Media
Breakfast Media LLC (d/b/a/ Broadband Breakfast) is a unique media company. We began as a voice in the wilderness advocating for higher-capacity internet everywhere. Our rallying cry is “Better Broadband, Better Lives.” As the coronavirus pandemic makes painfully clear, Better Broadband is vital: We need it now more than ever.
Broadband Breakfast is also an inclusive media community. We don’t take sides on controversies around fiber or wireless, net neutrality or open internet orders, privacy rules or changes to Section 230. We bring people together through the Broadband Breakfast Club and online. Our news coverage and our events are topical, timely and smart.
A 12-year old media company based in Washington that is building a community of interest around broadband policy and internet technology, we are looking for individuals seeking a front-row seat overseeing the politics of technology in the nation’s capital.
If you’d like to be part of a dynamic group of individuals fleshing out the nation’s understanding of broadband policy and internet technology writing articles, assembling research and conducting outreach, please contact Editor and Publisher Drew Clark via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking Interns for Reporter Positions (full and part-time positions available). Reporters will work on Capitol Hill and interact daily with an editor on articles, research, and events. Event registration costs will be provided.
- At least two years of undergraduate experience (graduate students and law students may also apply)
- Live or have the ability to work in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
- Knowledge of technology and telecom policy issues a plus but not required
- Attend and report on events and newsworthy items in Washington
- Produce stories for daily publication in Breakfast Media publications, including Broadband Breakfast
- Attend and support monthly Broadband Breakfast Club events and weekly Broadband Breakfast Live Online events
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Two 500-to-800-word writing samples on any topic
- List of two references
- Summer 2021: April 16, 2021
- Fall 2021: July 16, 2021
Former Broadband Breakfast reporters and editors have gone on to work at Amazon, Booz Allen, Daily Signal, The Federalist, FiberTower, Future of Music Coalition, Google, IBM, The Independent of London, Newsweek, Reason, Telegeography, U.S. Trade Representative, Vanity Fair, the U.S. Commerce Department, including the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and the White House Office of Science and Technology.
Articles by recent Broadband Breakfast Reporters and Editors:
Also feel free to contact us about:
- To learn more about sponsorship packages, please visit our Sponsor page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of our Media Kit.
- To submit an Expert Opinion commentary, please email email@example.com. We request between 500-800 words, and high-res photo of the author. See examples in our Expert Opinion section.
- To be considered for speaking at a Broadband Breakfast Live Online event every Wednesday at 12 Noon ET, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send press releases to email@example.com.
- Coverage of broadband-related events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INCOMPAS Adds Directors, Colorado Floats $600 Internet Subsidy, Microsoft Holograms Meetings
- WISPA Responds To Claims Wireless Providers Have Not Demonstrated Gigabit Capabilities
- Tilson CEO Says States Should Determine Where to Deploy Federal Broadband Funds
- Consumers Lack Understanding About Financial Privacy Ramifications of Using Bitcoin, Experts Say
- House Committee Hears of Big Tech’s Alleged Anticompetitive Behavior in New Hearing
- Broadband Breakfast Live Online Wednesday, March 10, 2021 – The Emergency Broadband Benefit: How Will the $3.2 Billion Program Work?