About Breakfast Media LLC and Broadband Breakfast
Broadband Breakfast is the leading media company advocating for higher-capacity internet everywhere through topical, timely and intelligent coverage. The company’s annual Digital Infrastructure Investment conference champions a robust 21st century information economy.
Breakfast Media LLC (d/b/a/ Broadband Breakfast) is a unique media company. We cover red-hot issues at the intersection of technology and politics. We began as a voice in the wilderness advocating for higher-capacity internet everywhere. Our rallying cry is “Better Broadband, Better Lives.” Better Broadband is vital: We need it now more than ever.
Reporters for Broadband Breakfast learn a lot and enjoy a front-row seat for one of the biggest issues of our time: Broadband’s Impact on our economy, government and society. You’ll dig into tech and telecom’s dirty secrets, including controversies over Section 230, competition, privacy, net neutrality, broadband infrastructure and radio spectrum.
Academic and Journalism Internship
Seeking Interns for Reporter Positions (full and part-time positions available). Reporters for Broadband Breakfast work on Capitol Hill and interact daily with the Editor and Managing Editor on reporting and writing. Academic and internship credit available; event registration costs will be provided. Academic and Journalism Interns are expected to write one to two “Roundup” articles a week, and between five to eight other articles a week. Most articles are short, between 300-500 words, with feature pieces ranging from 800-1,200 words.
- At least two years of undergraduate experience (graduate students and law students may also apply)
- Live or have the ability to work in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
- Knowledge of technology and telecommunications policy issues a plus but not required
- Participate in a video conference four times a week at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Attend and report on events and newsworthy items in Washington as assigned by an editor.
- Write and file news stories for Breakfast Media publications, including Broadband Breakfast, and respond to questions from editors. After stories are posted on WordPress, repost stories on social media.
- Attend and support monthly Broadband Breakfast Club events and weekly Broadband Breakfast Live Online events.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Two 500-to-800-word writing samples on any topic
- List of two references
- Summer 2023: Friday, May 5, 2023
Former Broadband Breakfast reporters and editors have gone on to work at Amazon, Booz Allen, CTC Technology and Energy, Daily Signal, The Federalist, FiberTower, Future of Music Coalition, Google, U.S. House of Representatives, IBM, The Independent of London, Institute for Local Self Reliance, Newsweek, Reason, Telegeography, U.S. Senate, U.S. Trade Representative, Vanity Fair, the U.S. Commerce Department, including the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the White House Office of Science and Technology.
Articles by recent Broadband Breakfast Reporters and Editors:
- Masha Abarinova
- Megan Boswell
- Jericho Casper
- Jasmine Campos
- Sophie Draayer
- Uhunoma Edamwen
- Mala Goodrich
- Ashlan Gruwell
- Riley Haight
- Heather Heimbach
- Zoey Howell-Brown
- David Jelke
- Elijah Labby
- Mike Ogunji
- Adrienne Patton
- Ty Perkins
- Sudha Reynolds
- Casey Ryan
- Derek Shumway
- Theadora Soter
- Liana Sowa
- Samuel Triginelli
- Tim White
Also feel free to contact us about:
- To learn more about sponsorship packages, please visit our Sponsor page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of our Media Kit.
- To submit an Expert Opinion commentary, please email email@example.com. We request between 500-800 words, and high-res photo of the author. See examples in our Expert Opinion section.
- To be considered for speaking at a Broadband Breakfast Live Online event every Wednesday at 12 Noon ET, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send press releases to email@example.com.
- Coverage of broadband-related events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply
Signup for Broadband Breakfast News
Pingback: Tweets that mention Jobs -- Topsy.com