WASHINGTON, July 14, 2010 – Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Intellectual Property Stanford McCoy defended the process and goals of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement at the Intellectual Property Breakfast Club on Tuesday.
BroadbandBreakfast.com on Wednesday released, for FREE, the full-length video of the Intellectual Property Breakfast Club event on Tuesday, which included discussion between McCoy at a range of industry officials representing copyright holders, technology companies, telecommunications providers and academics.
The event is available on BroadbandBreakfast.com at the following link.
The event was the third of three Intellectual Property Breakfast Club events, following a discussion of the Google Book Search proposed settlement in May, and battles over retransmission consent and video licensing in June. The panelists included:
- Michael Carroll, Professor of Law and Director, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property, Washington College of Law, American University
- Stanford McCoy, Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Intellectual Property and Innovation, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Steve Metalitz, Counsel, International Intellectual Property Alliance and Partner, Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Heidi Salow, Of Counsel, DLA Piper
- Matthew Schruers, Senior Counsel for Litigation and Legislative Affairs, Computer and Communications Industry Association
The event is available on BroadbandBreakfast.com at the following link.Don’t miss the next Broadband Broadband Breakfast Club, on Tuesday, July 20, 2010, on “The Smart Grid, Telecommunications and the Electric Infrastructure.” Registration is available at http://broadbandbreakfast.eventbrite.com.The Intellectual Property Breakfast Club is sponsored by the Intel Corporation, Public Knowledge and Time Warner Cable.For further information about sponsorship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 646-262-4630. The Intellectual Property Breakfast Club is Copyright © Broadband Census News LLC.